Plant Operations Manager
Our Spencer, IA Food Manufacturing client is looking to hire a Plant Operations Manager. The Plant Operations Manager is responsible for providing leadership in the production operations at the facility by overseeing and monitoring all operations, equipment, functions, and employees working all the departments. The Manager will champion an environment of respect and responsibility through professional communication, accountability, budget consciousness, team work, quality, safety and security.
- Maintain accurate and complete production records and charts.
- Play an active role to inspect, review, and follow up on all plant and department audits.
- Drive continuous improvement for the plant’s SQF Level 2 program while serving as backup SQF practitioner.
- Leads and guides all quality, GMP, and food safety policies and procedures, reporting any nonconformity.
- Must have a working knowledge of all equipment and processes and procedures to reduce downtime, reduce costs, and increase efficiency while meeting production deadlines.
- Continually work with the department supervisors to reduce under-grade product.
- Works within approved budget while developing and implementing cost saving measures which will contribute to overall profits and revenue to the organization.
- Understands business implications of decisions while displaying an orientation to profitability.
- Implement, and enforce SOP’s for each piece of equipment and all processes.
- Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of plant operations.
- Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement.
- Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals and adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED), required.
- Bachelor’s degree in food science, manufacturing or similar areas preferred.
- 5+ years experience in food, beverage or dairy production, manufacturing, industrial process operations or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Dairy or Cheese background is Required!
- Working knowledge of budgets and financial statements preferred.
- 3 years of supervisory experience required.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office including, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience with Oracle ERP or other ERP systems is preferred.
- Knowledge of SQF, HACCP, GMP's, OSHA and loss control programs is highly desirable.