Job Summary of Systems Engineer
Our client, a global leader in cutting-edge vehicle safety systems, is looking for a System Development Engineer to join their team. In this position, you'll be leading system-level analysis and development of distributed safety systems, which are configurable for a variety of vehicle models. In this position, you'll develop requirements for brand new concepts into functional prototypes for future production.
This company offers challenging projects and long-term career development, with the option to go in multiple potential directions.
Reponsibilities of Systems Engineer
- Mastery of features and functions for restraint control systems, and their related requirements at a product level.
- Analyze and document system configurations and real-world use cases.
- Achieve optimized system level outcomes through cooperation with specialists in Hardware, Software, Algorithm, and Mechanical domains.
- Develop concepts for further integration of restraint control products with active safety products or with other electronic systems.
- Oversee validation of new concepts at the system level.
- Support Core team and Application teams with transfer of knowledge.
- Support development of intellectual property related to new concepts.
Qualifications of Systems Engineer
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Engineering.
- 5+ years of experience in automotive electronics development
- Experience with restraint control electronics, or related safety systems, is a plus.
- Experience in early concept development, including coordination/joint development with external suppliers.
- Excellent requirements development background.
- Previous work in a global team environment preferred.
Compensation and Other Details
Salary Range: $100,000-120,000/year, depending on experience
Location: Detroit area, MI
Travel: As and when required
Relocation assistance: Subject to review
Visa sponsorship: H1B transfers only. NO OPT will be considered