Fortune 500 biotechnology and pharmaceutical company seeking a Senior Accountant located in Westchester County, NY in a hybrid remote position to go into the office one day a week.
You will be joining a dynamic Collaboration Accounting team, with high focus on accounting for our revenue generating collaboration agreements. Responsible for preparing accounting analyses/schedules and reviewing work of staff. Analyzes information and ensures proper accounting treatment of transactions, specifically relating to revenue recognition and accruals. Works with other departments, including Finance, and accounting staff to gather information necessary for accurate accounting and billings to the collaborators. Ensures that all internal control policies and procedures are followed. Responsible for ensuring that areas of responsibility are completed in accordance with accounting close timeline. Provides suggestions and support for process improvements and efficiencies.
A typical day may include:
- Responsible for preparation and review of journal entries, supporting schedules, account analyses, and reconciliations
- Responsible for preparation and review of P&L and Balance Sheet flux explanations for Management
- Responsible for quarterly reconciliation of accounts receivable with Finance
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with documented Accounting Policies and Sarbanes-Oxley controls
- Leads monthly and quarterly meetings with internal and external parties
- Mentors and develops other accounting staff members
- Facilitates process improvement initiatives
- 3 to 5 years of relevant accounting experience required (including internship exp)
- Desire to complete a CPA and current or prior Big 4 Accounting experience
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills, including, effective presentation skills
- Demonstrates strong knowledge of technical accounting relating to USA GAAP, and its application to tasks at hand
- Understanding complex collaboration agreements, including, but not limited to, calculations for revenue recognition for our profit-sharing arrangements, and expense reimbursement from our collaborators, including the review of the related accounts receivable
- High proficiency with Microsoft applications is required. Experience with financial applications is preferred