We have a Fortune 200 Food Manufacturing client has an opening for a Senior Human Resources leadership position for a large food manufacturing complex (3 plants on 40 acres) in Central California near Visalia. The Senior HR Manager is a business partner with a goal to improve the effectiveness and business results of the operation. The Senior Manager provides HR services to approximately 460 hourly union and 80 management and office staff employees. Responsibilities include organizational development/training, coaching supervisors, employee and labor relations, recruitment and selection, compensation and performance management, employee communications, safety, EEO, ADA, COBRA, FMLA compliance. Position manages an HR Manager plus HR Team members.
Bachelor's degree in Human Resources Management or closely related field (MBA preferred) and a minimum of 8 -10 years in Human Resources and 5 years in a leadership position with experience in a union manufacturing environment. PHR or SPHR highly desirable.
- High-speed manufacturing experience required with strong hands-on floor presence.
- California Employment Law experience.
- Large company Human Resources experience preferred.
- Must have HR generalist expertise with an emphasis on labor/employee relations, organization development/training, recruitment/selection processes, employment law, EEO, ADA, COBRA, FMLA, safety and worker's compensation.
- Successful candidates will have strong collaboration, facilitation, and leadership skills as well as demonstrated ability to exercise judgment and discretion in establishing and maintaining good working relationships with all levels of employees.
- Must have solid communication skills (written, verbal, and presentation), be an active listener, customer-focused, and demonstrate unquestionable ethics and values.
- Experience with 24/7 365 days’ work environment.