Job Summary of Analog Engineer
Our client, a known name in the development of off-the-shelf products for the defense and science industries, is looking for an Analog Engineer to develop next generation products. In this position, you will focus on cutting-edge analog RF front-end designs paired with the latest Xilinx FPGA technology to bring new technologies to a competitve market.
Other companies talk about ground-breaking technologies, but this is an opportunity to get into truly unique designs. No matter what you bring in with you, you're sure to learn something new.
Reponsibilities of Analog Engineer
- Collaborating with a team of FPGA designers, Software engineers, and test developers.
- Identifying product requirements.
- Scoping project effort and staying on schedule.
- Risk assessment and mitigation.
- Specifications and schematics capture.
- Layout constraints, guidance, and review.
- Bring-up, testing, and characterizing prototype boards.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Design of:
- ADC signal path
- DAC signal path
- Low noise power supplies
- Low noise PLLs
- Low noise clock sources and distribution
Qualifications of Analog Engineer
- BSEE (or MSEE) with 8+ years of relevant analog circuit design experience.
- Hands-on analog and digital hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Fundamental understanding of RF-Microwave layout techniques, and practices.
- RF circuit design experience in the 1 to 10GHz range.
- Experience with complex multi-lamination PCBs with blind and buried microvias and low loss RF materials strongly desired.
- Fluency in Mentor Graphics Xpedition DxDesigner is strongly desired.
- Experience designing with Xilinx FPGAs a plus.
Compensation & Other Details
Salary Range: $110,000-130,000/year, plus bonus and benefits
Location: Austin, TX
Travel: As and when required
Relocation Assistance: Available
Visa Sponsorship: None