Sr. Electrical Controls Engineer
Our client, a leading manufacturer of highly reliable and efficient centrifugal pumps and compressors, is looking for an Electrical Controls Engineer. This position is responsible for controls engineering projects involving PLC/SCADA/HMI programming, electrical and instrumentation, commissioning support, and start-up assistance.
This is a forward-facing role, where you'll work directly with clients throughout the project (not a heavy travel requirement, though). The company has won numerous state and industry awards, and offers excellent long-term stability and growth.
Responsibilities of Sr. Electrical Controls Engineer
- Design, develop, and implement control systems for pumps and compressor skids (logic software and hardware) to meet integrated system requirements in multiple industries
- Be part of an engineering team providing engineering services to large and small projects
- Develop control logic software and user interface applications
- Develop schematics detailing control system configuration, wiring, and design equipment panel layouts
- Assist with initial start-up and debug integrated systems and the development of system documentation.
- Work on automation and control system integration projects for clients in industries such as Oil and Gas facilities, petrochemical facilities, water/wastewater, etc.
- Adheres to scope, job specification, quality, schedule, and budget requirements of assigned projects
- Develops collaborative partnerships with clients and colleagues
- Organized and disciplined with excellent time management practices that prioritize work correctly and provide accurate completion dates to management
Qualifications of Sr. Electrical Controls Engineer
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering
- 4+ years of related experience in electrical controls development
- NEC & REC certification are a plus
- In-depth understanding of control systems components, ladder and FB logic programming, SCADA programming and their applications (i.e. Rockwell Factory Talk or Siemens Wincc)
- Experience with instrumentation and controls design as well as PLC (i.e., Rockwell Automation or Siemens )
- Understanding of electrical circuits and electrical machines ( Motors and transformers)
- Experience with AutoCAD would be a plus.
- Familiar with machine monitoring systems
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to be the point of contact to customers for the team
Compensation & Other Details
Salary Range: $95,000-110,000/year
Location: Arvada, CO
Travel: 20% travel max (typically less)
Relocation Assistance: Subject to Review.
Visa Sponsorship: None