General Manager - Bread Bakery Food Manufacturing
similar job titles: Director of Operations, President, VP of Manufacturing
Location: Evansville, IN
Job Summary: This position reports to the Senior VP of Manufacturing and oversees and manages production, quality control, procurement, inventory management, finance, sales and marketing for a high-speed sliced bread and roll commercial bakery. This position has direct leadership responsibility of every aspect of the plant's operations and plays a critical role in strategic planning to guide the future growth and development.
- Seven (7) to Ten (10) years’ experience in management within a high-speed food manufacturing environment.
- Bread or Buns experience preferred; experience working with ovens.
- Completion of American Institute of Baking (AIB) in-residence baking science and technology course and AIB Science of Baking correspondence course strongly desired
- Union management experience is strongly desired
- Knowledge of BRC (or SQF) is highly preferred
- Continuous improvement or Lean experience.
- Experience in demand planning/production scheduling; make to inventory.
This job offers the following:
- Outstanding opportunities with a stable and established organization.
- Excellent benefits, including:
- Comprehensive healthcare
- Defined pension plan
- Highly adequate relocation assistance is provided if needed.
- Opportunity for career advancement.
Are You A Good Fit?
Essential Skills for Success:
- Innovator and leader in change.
- Promote and utilize other’s talents.
- Actions are plan-based and result from strategy as opposed to reactionary.
- Goals achieved by teamwork instead of own personal efforts.
- Leadership style yields influence and trust. You’re not just “the boss”.
- Achieves results.
Consider This Before Applying:
- Does this job describe work you would enjoy doing?
- Do you meet most of the minimum requirements?
- Have you considered everything if you would need to relocate?