Job Summary of Senior Embedded Software Engineer
Our client, a developer of cutting-edge tools for aerospace embedded systems is looking for a Senior Embedded Software Engineer to join their team. In this position, you'll play a key role in the latest technology for development and verification of global aerospace and automotive real-time embedded systems.
This company has projects ithat will allow you to work on innovative new technologies, plus they have multiple paths for future growth. This position is great for someone who wants to develop into a lead engineer. They also have the resources to make sure you have everything you need to be successful for high-visibility projects.
Reponsibilities of Senior Embedded Software Engineer
- Software engineering, development and testing of safety critical software using a variety of languages and technologies
- Multicore processor analysis, software timing analysis and embedded systems integration
- Technology research, bringing innovative ideas and seeing them through to completion
- Delivery of services and analysis of multicore architectures
- Support projects throughout the product life cycle from requirements through flight certification
- Using initiative to learn independently, question assumptions and challenge results
- Interface regularly with other engineering disciplines, program leadership and customers to deliver high quality products
- Train and mentor less experienced engineers in hardware, software, system troubleshooting and test processes
Qualifications of Senior Embedded Software Engineer
- Bachelor’s degree in in Electrical Engineer or Computer Engineering (CS also a possibility)
- 7+ years of experience in embedded software development, with excellent programming skills.
- Experience with requirements writing and review - precise requirements language, testability, traceability analysis
- Must have a solid background in multicore processor analysis and development
- Knowledge of computer architecture concepts such as cache organization, DMA, MMU, Interrupt driven I/O
- Experience with real-time operating systems such as Integrity, VxWorks, Deos, and/or hypervisors
- GPU experience (e.g. NVIDIA, AMD, CUDA, Vulkan, OpenGL) is a plus
- Skills in some of the following:
Assembly, C, C++, Ada, Java, Python. The ability to learn new technologies is far more important than knowing specific languages
- Skilled in using Linux or other Unix-like OS
- Familiarity with standards such as: DO-178C, CAST-32A, AMC 20-193, DO-297, ARINC-653, ISO 26262 or IEC 61508
- The ability to work directly with customers, including for sales support
Compensation & Other Details
Salary Range: $125,000-150,000/year
Location: Novi, MI
Relocation Assistance: Yes
Visa Sponsorship: No visa sponsorship available. US Citizens only.