Premier insurance, risk management and financial services firm headquartered near Plainview, NY, is seeking to add to their Commercial Insurance Account Management staff due to growth and their own quest for excellence.
Under the guidance of the Commercial Lines Director, the incumbent is responsible for processing and assisting agents with retaining the book of business. In addition, they will work with agents to support cross-selling business and provide customer support to the agent.
- Responsible for invoicing and reviewing all endorsements, renewals & audits and advising appropriate Commercial Lines Agent (CSA) of any discrepancies
- Accesses all carrier websites to retrieve necessary documents, policies and/or correspondence
- Assists with inputting new business applications into carrier rating platforms
- Performs follow-up on all non-pay cancellation notices and communicates information to appropriate CSA
- Provides back-up to the CSA staff including routine policy changes and certificate requests to support the agents
- May be assigned to various projects such as bulk-letter mailings, renewal of large account certificates, coding clean-up and downloads
Other Duties & Responsibilities:
- Promotes the firm's brand by recommending our products and services, supporting our community focus & commitment to being a premier employer
- Understands, supports and adheres to applicable organizational policies/procedures and state/federal regulations
- Consistently emphasizes the importance of teamwork in the department and company at large
- Responsible for keeping abreast of company news and information
- Responsible for completing required training and policy review
- May serve on various committees
- Willingness to take on additional tasks and duties
Certifications & Licenses:
- Property & Casualty License
Desired Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Proficiency with Insurance Property & Casualty Coverages, Carriers & Products
- Sagitta (Preferred)
- Displays high level of regard for trust and confidentiality
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products and Carrier websites.
- Displays strong written and verbal communication skills
- Displays strong organization skills and the ability to multi-task to meet established deadlines
- Demonstrates a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Effectively uses analytical skills to solve coverage issues as well as identify client needs.
- Prior knowledge of Insurance Requirements is preferred