The Sr Reliability Manager is accountable for developing and ensuring ongoing effectiveness of the reliability and sustainability of the Rotating and Fixed Equipment programs for this large/complex chemical processing facility. As a key member of the Reliability and Maintenance Team, the Sr Reliability Manager will share plant performance accountability with Operations Leadership. The Sr Reliability Manager will deliver strategic improvements in the reliability and maintenance performance at the Pensacola FL facility resulting in robust asset reliability and minimum total cost of maintenance. The Sr Reliability Manager will direct the Mechanical Reliability Team for both fixed and rotating equipment, specializing in leading the reliability strategic programs, analysis of asset reliability issues, providing technical support for daily maintenance and projects, and the development of robust improvement solutions to support the overall site.
- Robust reliability programs that support achieving key Business and Site objectives around equipment uptime, safety and affordability.
- Improved MTBF and elimination of chronic and anticipated asset failures. Drive asset performance to maximum achievable performance.
- Evergreen list of prioritized projects and activities to support continued reliability improvement
- Best in class Mechanical Integrity program with an Audit Ready mindset
- Best in class rotating PPM program
- Consistency with all safety and environmental standards
- Emergence of Risk Based Inspection as a performance improver
- Excellent partnership with Production Units and Guest facilities
- Motivated and capable Engineers and Specialists to support both daily needs and strategic improvements
- TA cost/schedule/reliability targets met or exceeded
- New technologies implemented for a competitive advantage.
- Set objectives, select and develop personnel, and manage change to drive improvements in asset reliability results. Institutionalize an appropriate set of leading and lagging metrics to support these objectives.
- Build a trusted, resilient team that to provide continuous support across a range of fixed and rotating equipment for maintenance, project and turnaround activities.
- Provide continuous performance feedback and improvement assistance for team employees to insure their technical and professional growth. Identify strategies for attraction and retention.
- Be visible in the units, building partnerships with key operations peers and team members
- Be a visible advocate for site safety programs and serve as a champion for process safety management owning several critical PSM programs.
- Develop, implement and monitor programs that drive the reliability performance of the fixed and rotating equipment across the site including PPM programs, equipment reliability strategies, top opportunity lists, turnaround frequency and duration, etc.
- Ensure a robust mechanical integrity program is developed and maintained to code standards, maintaining license to operate and delivering reliability improvement
- Drive manufacturing culture from a fix-it to a data-based prevent it state. Identify and encourage recognition and rewards for this transition
- Assist Site Maintenance and Reliability Director in developing plant wide strategic vision for asset reliability including end of life an obsolescence and create a plan for the transition to a predictive environment
- Introduce appropriate reliability techniques and practices focused on identifying and preventing asset failure or significant performance deterioration
- Ensure improvement projects are adequately chartered and resourced and capital projects have appropriate reliability support/scope for successful design, commissioning and operation.
- Ensure thorough root cause investigations are conducted where appropriate and corrective actions are implemented in a timely fashion to prevent recurrence
- Support a Reliability Centered Maintenance approach where SAP documentation and work practices promote sustained improvement
- Reports to: Site Maintenance, Reliability and Turnaround Director
- Team Members: Rotating and Fixed Engineers and Specialists, Chief Inspector and Inspection team
- REQUIRED EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 10 years of maintenance and/or operations in chemical/petrochemical, refining, or energy industry
- Minimum 2 years of people leadership with proven performance management and development skills
- Min 3 years as Maintenance and/or Reliability Engineer maintaining rotating and fixed equipment in a manufacturing setting
- Demonstrated capability to improve reliability performance of a given asset base or equipment type
- Demonstrated capability to improve organizational effectiveness
- Working knowledge of Maintenance Work Processes including maintenance management systems, effectiveness metrics, etc
- Working knowledge of Predictive and Preventative Maintenance Techniques and Best Practices
- Working knowledge of Mechanical Integrity Codes and industry PSM Standards
- Experience in leading Reliability and/or Maintenance organizations.
- Working knowledge of Reliability Engineering principles including growth plots, predictive techniques, FMEAs, etc
- Engage and Empower People, Sets high Expectations & Clear Direction, Drives & Delivers Performance and Leads with Agility.
- Ability to manage risk within a integrated production environment
- Understanding of resource allocation and alignment to key priorities
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative, servant based leadership style
- Positive attitude
- Excellent verbal, analytical, organizational, writing and presentation skills.
- Working knowledge of performance management practices and tools
- Comfortable leading in ambiguity and change in fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- Excellent coaching and facilitation skills and high energy level bringing employees and teams together.
- Demonstrated ability to apply Continuous Improvement Tools including Root Cause Analysis facilitation
- Proven experience with equipment reliability programs and engineering practices and standards
- Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize multiple complex projects and activities
- BS in Engineering (Mech Engr Preferred)
Why is This a Great Opportunity:
Our client is a premium provider of high quality chemicals, fibers and plastics. With world scale intergrated manufacturing facilities. Global sales and distribution with five manufacturing facilities in the United States. Location near Pensacola FL Excellent growth potential with upward mobility.
Salary Type : Annual Salary
Salary Min : 160000
Salary Max : 180000
Currency Type : US Dollars