Human Resources Manager--seeking high volume manufacturing experience.
With over 20 years of experience, our client is a leader in the European and American automotive industry They are dedicated to the design, development and manufacturing of metal automotive components with focus on innovative development to produce safer and lighter vehicles.
Our client's Chattanooga plant is looking for a Human Resources Manager that craves working in a fast-paced lean manufacturing environment. This position has an emphasis on the overall strategy, administration, coordination and evaluation of the Human Resources function in the plant.
- Determines and recommends employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promotes a high level of employee morale.
- Protects interests of employees and the company in accordance with company Human Resources policies and governmental laws and regulations.
- Responsible to recruit, hire, train and develop associates to stay ahead of general business needs, launch activities and new technology installations.
- Responsible for all health, safety, and environmental programs at the plant. Drives a continuous mindset and culture of safety in the plant.
- Ensures professional development and feedback is provided to all management, staff and hourly associates.
- Identifies and complies with all internal and external legal and compliance requirements and government reporting regulations impacting the Human Resources function (e.g., OSHA, EEO, ERISA, FLSA, Code of Conduct, etc.).
- Directs the preparation of information requested or required for compliance.
- Monitors exposure of the Plant and approves all information submitted to external agencies.
- Continuously reviews and improves plant Human Resources policies, programs, metrics and practices with guidance and review of Vice President of Human Resources.
- Keeps Plant Director and VP of HR informed of significant problems that may jeopardize the achievement of objectives, and those which are not being addressed adequately at the line management level.
THE MUST HAVES:
- 8+ years of progressive Human Resources experience.
- 5+ years of experience in high volume manufacturing environment
- Must be able to promote positive employee relations.
- Must have excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Must have a sense of urgency and intensity.
- Must have experience in recruitment for salaried and hourly positions.
- Must have experience in creating and executing training and development plans for salaried and hourly associates.
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY?
- Top benefits
- Excellent growth and advancement opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Working for a top leader in the automotive industry
- Building relationships and experiences through interactions with subject matter experts
- Medical insurance
- Vision insurance
- Dental insurance
- Tuition assistance
- Disability insurance