The Project Manager (PM) will support Higher Education client delivery serving as a key client contact working directly with account leads, marketing, and enrollment teams. The PM will review contract deliverables, create communication protocols, develop task templates in the project management platform, and assign and track the internal team’s resource hours toward project milestones.
The PM must be adept at mitigating risk, tracking project tasks, hours and budget, and communicating status through standardized reporting. The PM must be a capable problem-solver, able to work across functional teams, and escalate issues with recommended solutions. The PM will be responsible for managing multiple complex project schedules and reports, managing project scope, and creating and refining process to implement best practices. Additionally, the PM will assist in the management of external contract project resources including graphic designers, copywriters, and web design professionals.
Experience in marketing, publishing, or content development strongly preferred.
- Work with Client Partners to analyze project needs ensuring that they fit with resourcing, project objectives and quality standards. Know the questions to ask to onboard each project smoothly.
- Maintain detailed timelines, project plans, and hours budgeted for project deliverables and key milestones.
- Have the flexibility to work within an ever-changing workload by effectively setting, observing and re-evaluating project priorities often.
- Manage day-to-day operational aspects of projects, including assigning and managing of tasks, measuring progress against estimates, communicating client needs to internal teams and tracking and escalating issues internally and within the client organization.
- Lead project status meetings and ongoing project schedule updates.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously and understand project priorities.
- Assist in managing internal and external resources, ensuring projects are appropriately staffed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, marketing, communication or other related field and/or equivalent work experience
- Strong client facing project management skills and 3-5 years of demonstrated project management experience
- Experience working within Higher Education
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple, concurrent projects with wide-ranging scope
- Budget tracking and management skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong facilitation skills and experience leading in-person and web-based meetings
- Meticulous organization and attention to detail
- Flexibility and effectiveness in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with project management tools (MS Project, Teamwork, Basecamp, Asana, etc.)
- Self-directed and highly motivated go-getter and team player
- Strong MS Office skills especially Excel and PowerPoint
- PMP certification a plus
Location: Remote with quarterly on-site meetings in Duxbury, MA