Human Resources Generalist
Our Portage, WI food manufacturing client is a Human Resources Generalist. The HR Generalist develops, implements, and administers policies and programs including; employment, employee learning and development, recruitment, on-boarding, compensation, performance management, and EEO/affirmative action.
- Coordinates recruitment for the facility including identifying recruitment sources, evaluating candidates, conducting interviews, and referring qualified candidates to appropriate staff members for further evaluation. Extends offers of employment, arranges background checks, drug screens and physicals. Conducts new hire orientation.
- Assists with workers’ compensation and OSHA compliance programs.
- Ensures legal compliance with all federal and state regulations applicable to the human resource areas.
- Maintains all Human Resources related records, including separate file systems for personnel records, employment selection process records, I-9 forms.
- Leads and manages all Human Resource functions in areas including but not limited to: answering HR questions, benefit enrollment, entering and processing new hires, changes and termination information, background checks, performance reviews, forms, policy updates and conducting stay and exit interviews. Assists with planning and presentation of meetings including division meetings.
- Responsible for communication to the union. Manage and respond to union grievances. Participate in collective bargaining contract negotiations.
- Supervise and train direct reports while serving as their back up support.
- Oversees learning and development for all employees.
- Creates statistical reports (KPI’s) for weekly and monthly review by leadership team.
- Maintains accurate employee information in HRIS system.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge in areas of responsibility by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, researching topics, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) required.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or related field, preferred with emphasis in human resources, business management, or related field preferred.
- PHR or SPHR certification preferred.
- Three to five years human resources management experience.
- Knowledge of UKG human resources system (HRIS) preferred.
- Working knowledge of collective bargaining agreements including contract negotiation experience preferred.
- Bilingual preferred.
- Knowledge of policies, and practices, including but not limited to; recruitment, selection, compensation, job description, non-discrimination, safety-security, promotion, discipline, performance management, and termination.