Job Summary of Software Engineering Manager - Safety Technology
Our client, a global leader in vehicle safety technology, is looking for a Software Engineering Manager to manage their team developing next generation technologies that save lives. You'd have full responsibility for software development in this division, leading a team of up to 12 engineers.
In this position, you will provide planning direction for a local development team, as well as some other members from around the world. In addition, you will establish objectives and conduct Performance Development Dialogues on a periodic basis. There will be some limited travel, including international, to meet with global counterparts, support integration testing, and customer meetings may be required.
This is a market leader in this field, offering challenging projects and solid long-term growth.
Reponsibilities of Software Engineering Manager - Safety Technology
- Manage a team of software engineers
- Do short term and long-term resource planning
- Ensure the team has the competencies and tools to complete the tasks.
- Ensure the team is meeting software process and quality standards
- Interface with internal and external customer from multiple global locations
- Report status to internal and external customers
- Conduct one-on-ones with direct reporting employees
- Establish employee objectives and conduct periodic Performance Development Dialogues
Qualifications of Software Engineering Manager - Safety Technology
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering or Computer Science
- 10+ years of Software Development for Real-Time Embedded Systems
- 3+ years in leading and/or managing a software team
- 3+ years in resource planning
- Solid background in hands-on development of embedded software (C programming) through the entire development life-cycle.
- Possess solid teamwork/social interaction skills
- Proficient of software process models (such as ASPICE/CMMi)
Compensation & Other Details
Salary Range: $142,000-157,000/year, plus bonus and benefits
Location: Southfield, MI
Travel: Limited travel, including international
Relocation Assistance: Yes
Visa Sponsorship: H1B transfers and TN only