The team member’s focus will be to develop and implement reliability programs across the facility. Reliability program development to include preventative maintenance plans (PMs) as well as specification and application of predictive technologies (PdM) on mechanical and rotating equipment. The successful candidate will define, develop and implement programs that will improve reliability and productivity across the facility.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Facilitate the Mill’s Reliability Programs, i.e. vibration analysis, mechanical integrity, lubrication, precision practices, etc
- Set and communicate the vision for PM/PdM and Precision Practice programs for mechanical and rotating equipment.
- Gathers and examines basic reliability data from field studies or data base and correlates the data for analysis using well defined engineering techniques/principles/procedures needed to drive continuous improvement.
- Lead Root Cause Analysis of reliability problems and investigate to determine the reliability required for the situation considering the cost limitations for equipment up/down time, repair/replacement costs, weight, size, and availability of materials/equipment.
- Develop corrective actions and track results to successful conclusion.
- Originates and develops analysis methods for determining reliability of components, equipment, and processes.
- Prepares diagrams, charts, drawings, calculations, and reports for defining reliability problems and makes recommendations for improvements.
- Analyze the effects of PM/PdM efforts on equipment reliability and maintenance costs for evaluation as a basis for equipment design decisions.
- Coordinate the development of Mechanical and Rotating Equipment Specifications
- Provide reliability expertise during design and implementation of new assets.
- Write work requests for identified equipment issues
- Assist in equipment troubleshooting as requested by production and maintenance
- Provide technical support to maintenance personnel on equipment repairs, troubleshooting problems and equipment reliability issues.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
This position has no direct reports; however, the employee will be expected to perform Quality Control oversight of both mill forces and contractors to address machine/reliability issues.
- 5-7 years related experience in Pulp and Paper or similar heavy industry.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) or higher in Mechanical Engineering
- Demonstrated analytical thinking and troubleshooting abilities
- Ability to excel as an individual contributor and in cooperative work teams
- Ability to advance technical skills through study and practical application
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- CSI vibration database and equipment monitoring experience
- Formal training and use of RCFA, RCA, RCM, IR, Oil analysis, Laser Alignment and other Precision Maintenance Techniques and Technologies desired
- Working knowledge of Windows, Word and Excel.AutoCad a plus
- CMRP - Certified Maintenance Reliability Professional - preferred
- Vibration Analysis ISO Level II/III – preferred
WHAT WE OFFER
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.