Position: Product / Business Development (Agriculture / Seed) - Canada
Location: Ontario Canada or Southeast Michigan
European seed company, whose main business is R&D, production, marketing and sales of tomato seeds is recruiting an individual to lead commercial development activity in the Leamington, Ontario area.
This position is a combination of extended breeder to the field activity as well as business development of the company’s unique tomato products.
The individual will oversee and coordinate the development of new seeds and traits products, aligning product characteristics with customer needs/preferences and brand ideals, and manage the cross-functional stage-gate advancement processes.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Structuring a long-term product development plan and sales budget.
- Drive demand generation with a focus on the assigned area
- Field promotional activities such as exploring the demo greenhouse, variety campaigns, customer connections and marketing activities
- Field days and Field trips in the demo greenhouse
- Actively manage relationships with growers, Distributors and Retailers
- Focus on accurate and timely planning and placement of varieties
- Regularly report sales and other commercial activities
- Develop and maintain relationships with key influencers in the territory
- Evaluating, adjusting, and managing our sales and product pipeline.
- Achieve sales revenue targets for the sales region
- Execute a plan for the growth of the responsible geography, increase market share and lead growth
- Oversee the process of importing seeds to the area
- Plan product mixes in market segments to achieve profitable volume and market shares at levels of acceptable risks.
- Collaborate with research, technical, marketing, and finance teams to evaluate and measure product benefits and value, create value propositions and develop value capture and pricing models.
- Work with the customer support team to ensure reliable supply (mix, quantity, and quality) of seed products consistent with strategic business plans.
- Develop executable product/brand plans
- Plan, coordinate and set directions for new product launches
Position preliminary requirements:
- >7 years of experience in the Agro vegetables sector in Canada / USA.
- Have some combination of experience in the areas of Breeding and Business Development
- Academic education in agriculture.
- Have a solid reputation in the Leamington area
- Should live in Ontario or Southeast Michigan