Job Summary of Digital Hardware Validation Engineer
Our client, a developer of advanced embedded computing systems in the Las Vegas area, is looking for a Digital Hardware Validation Engineer to join their team. In this position, you'll be responsible for assisting in Hardware Design Verification of its new products and assist on general hardware debug and board bring up stages. This position will be responsible for Hands-On technical functions in support of engineering activities such as design, test, and verification of complex electronic circuitry.
This company has been going through significant growth and continue to expand their team as a result. This is a good time to join as a key member for determining their ongoing development.
Responsibilities of Digital Hardware Validation Engineer
- Must have knowledge of digital systems including at a high level Know how microprocessors, power conversion, control circuits, and high-speed data/clock lines operate
- Must have a solid understanding of electronic circuits and excellent debugging skills
- Strong experience troubleshooting, testing, replacing and repairing circuit board assemblies to component, board and system level using engineering documents and specifications
- Experience in hardware prototype bring-up, debug, fault detection, failure analysis and yield improvement.
- Will work with HW/SW engineers to debug and verify product features using engineering documents, specifications, and design files (schematics and layout)
- Troubleshooting of electronic boards/components with associated test equipment (oscilloscopes, sampling scopes, electronic load boxes, spectrum analyzers, etc.) is a must
- Able to document test procedures and reports and also maintain ECO documentation during prototype debugging.
- Must be familiar with reading schematic documents and files as well as using layout tool to aid in troubleshooting during board bring up or RMA cycles
Qualifications of Digital Hardware Validation Engineer
- Bachelors or Masters in Electrical Engineering with 3+ years of experience in digital hardware validation, at the board level
- Experience with prototyping solutions and bench testing methodology
- Solid understanding of digital and analog circuit design and theories
- Experience in troubleshooting and repairing microprocessor-based boards without any supervision
- Hands-on experience testing and debugging systems implemented with single board computers, complex microcontroller, or digital signal processing systems
- Ability to handle job stress and interact effectively with others in the workplace
- Fluent domain of the english language: ability to read, write and speak english well
- Ability to carry out detailed written and oral instructions
Compensation & Other Details
Salary Range: $90,000-$120,000/year, depending on experience
Competitive compensation and benefits which include medical/dental/vision insurance, 401k with employer contribution, PTO, paid Holidays, and on-site fitness center.
Location: Henderson, NV
Travel: As and when required
Relocation Assistance: Yes
Visa Sponsorship: No. US Citizens or Green Card Only