Responsibilities: The Senior Auditor is responsible for completing compliance testing of the Company’s SOX/Internal Controls Program as assigned and championing internal control and corporate governance concepts throughout the business.
- This includes planning, executing and drawing conclusions of the operational effectiveness of the SOX/Internal Controls Program based on the testing performed.
- Make recommendations to the business for control improvements to remediate control gaps noted through internal controls testing. Follow up with the control owners on the status of remediation plans.
- Develop audit work programs and enhance existing programs to execute the scope and objectives of operational and financial audits (e.g. evaluate internal controls, process effectiveness, operational processes, etc.).
- Perform the audits, write the reports, review results and recommendations with management, obtain management responses and follow up on remediation efforts where necessary.
- Complete special projects and other reporting duties as assigned.
Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business with concentration in Finance or Accounting plus 5-7 years in accounting and/or auditing is required. 3-5 years of experience in the food manufacturing industry preferred. Other manufacturing (ie. Pharma) will be strongly considered. CPA, CIA or CMA is a plus.