Manufacturer is seeking a hands-on, high energy individual to become Controller for privately held firm.
You will be responsible for supervising all financial activities and work closely with our Sales, Marketing, Purchasing and Production Departments. This position reports directly to the CFO & Treasurer.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to: Oversee, create, revise and implement company accounting policies and procedures
- Work alongside the CFO & make recommendations on both strategy & operations
- Maintain a system of controls on daily accounting transactions
- Schedule and supervise the physical inventory counts
- Coordinate the annual budget process.
- Supervise Salary & Hourly payroll and act as payroll processing back-up
- Create & maintain monthly reports, as well as quarter-end and year end statements
- Review all month end closing activities as well as general ledger reconciliations
- In charge of daily financial operations including: cash postings, credit & collections, fixed assets, A/R, A/P, and payroll
- Interface with outside legal, accounting firm and banks; establishing new relationships and maintaining existing ones
- Coordinate all audit activities, including annual Pension and 401k audits
- 10 – 15 years accounting & finance experience
- CPA, MBA a plus
- Solid experience with payroll, monthly reporting, budget development, cost analysis, A/P, A/R, and general ledger
- Tech savvy
- Proven Leadership
- Well organized
- Good communication & problem solving skills
- Personable, flexible
- Self-starter, multi-tasker