We are seeking a qualified candidate to work on and enhance a “Cable Installation Simulation Program” (CISP) for our Design Engineering and R&D group. The nature of the project requires applicants to have a BS, a MS, or a PhD. with a major in Physics, Mathematics, or Mechanical Engineering with a focus in Pneumatics, Computational Fluid Dynamics simulation for pneumatic applications or Aerospace. Experienced applicants must be able to demonstrate a background of applying mathematical and physical methods to find solutions for real world problems with 5 to 8 years of proven experience. The ideal candidate has experience with LS-DYNA software or the ANSYS software suite, CFD & DEM modules.
This position leads the “CISP” research and development project and reports to the Director of Engineering. Possible product enhancements and product maintenance of fiber cable blowing, cable pulling equipment and supportive accessories might arise out of the project. This project requires close collaboration with the complete engineering team.
New systems development is in process for the advanced control and automation of equipment. These systems will integrate mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrical components utilizing wireless communication, cloud-based data management, GIS data processing, process synchronization, GUI and HMI development. Cable Installation Simulations between the various pieces of equipment and respective conduits are needed to pre-determine successful installations of Fiber Optic or Power Cable on the jobsite, this with applying push force only, push and blow forces combined or pull force only applications.
- Bachelor, Master of Science and/or PhD degree from accredited university in Physics, Math and/or a Mechanical Engineering degree with strong background in pneumatics, CFD or Aerospace, ideally from an ABET accredited program
- Strong understanding with/of software development
- Strong background in fluid dynamics
- Proven experience in pneumatic & hydraulic system designs
- 5 years’ mechanical design experience with CFD
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a team setting
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment
- CAD – Creo and/or AutoCAD experience
- Ideally, experience with the ANSYS software suite, i.e. LS-Dyna, CFD, DEM applications