Requirements of the Senior Analytical Chemist - Food Science:
- BS in a related life science discipline with minimum of 10 years industry experience OR PhD in a related discipline with a minimum of 3 years industry experience. Food and biochemical analysis specialty strongly preferred.
- Experience with one or all of the following equipment a must: GC-MS, LC-MS, ICP, Raman and infrared.
- Demonstrated hands on experience with method development, validation and analysis of compounds, food elements and analytes.
- QA/QC understanding and practice. Experience with ISO or GMP.
- Ability to design, analyze, interpret and critique experiments.
Responsibilities of the Senior Analytical Chemist - Food Science:
- Manage laboratory tasks such as data collection, analysis and maintenance of GC-MS, LC-MS, ICP and Raman lab instruments.
- Develop and transfer analytical methods for new analysis techniques, prepare and report data translation and contribute to commercialization efforts.
- Oversee method development and validation of food analysis.
- Continuously improve laboratory's capabilities for high-throughput analysis.
- Manage cross functional initiatives with partner laboratories to ensure compliance and accurate measurements.
Occupational Category: 19-2031 Chemists