About the Firm Our client is a premier Long Island based public accounting firm serving businesses and individuals in the areas of tax, assurance, accounting, business consulting, and forensic accounting. They have earned our reputation by providing first-class accounting service and distinctive advice to our clients. They do this through our exceptionally talented people who are creative problem-solvers and make client service their number one priority.
They are currently expanding their audit practice and are for an experienced Audit Manager.
About the Position
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3 years’ experience and will be responsible for planning and completing engagements, supervising staff, interacting with clients and preparing audits, reviews and compilations for clients in various industries.
- Perform audits, reviews and compilations for clients in various industries
- Planning, fieldwork and wrap-up
- Prepare and analyze financial statements and evaluate internal controls
- Understanding of accounting and reporting standards
- Experience in researching as it relates to accounting and audit issues
- Interact with clients and development of relationships
- Communicate with Partner and/or Manager on work status
- Review of team's workflow and monitor assigned tasks
- Prepare tax returns (individual, corporate and partnership) for various industries
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- CPA license preferred but not required
- 3+ years’ experience in a similar role
- Strong audit skills with proficiency in US GAAP, US GAAS
- Ability to work in a team environment and lead projects.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Exhibit a strong work ethic.
- Proficient with computer software such as Microsoft Office Suite, CCH Access and QuickBooks
Our client offers a competitive salary based on experience, plus a comprehensive benefits package
Job Type: Full-time