- Serves the needs of clients by planning and performing audits, reviews, and compilations
- Coordinates with the Manager or Partner on the engagement
- Executes planning, engagement completion and reporting requirements
- Exercises independent thinking skills by making decisions related to engagements to include assessment of engagement risks, determining which procedures to perform to arrive at a desired level of assurance, and evaluating evidence
- Prepares financial statements and disclosures in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles
- Evaluates the client’s system of internal control and tailors audit approach accordingly
- Communicates with the client on all phases of the engagement, maintaining and fostering client relations
- Supervises, reviews and trains associates on engagements
- Public accounting firm audit experience (2+ years)
- CPA certification preferred, but not required
- Thorough understanding of generally accepted auditing standards (GAAS) and generally accepted accounting principles (U.S. GAAP)
- Excellent technical and project management skills
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- BA or BS in Accounting or related field required
- Thorough working knowledge of MS Office: Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Must be reliable and able to meet deadlines. Strong organizational, time management and interpersonal skills are required, along with the ability to perform multiple tasks concurrently with ease and professionalism.