Our client, a highly respected manufacturer in Kansas City Missouri is adding a Process Engineer to their team who will
- implement the new LMS (Learning Management System),
- Share and evaluate best practice with sister locations
- Champion the evaluation of the organization's manufacturing practices in order to make recommendations for an LMS system
- Partner with quality, operations and safety teams in order to develop standard operating procedures and document and develop training
- Ensure that training is being documented within the LMS system
- Develop and improve line layouts and make line modifications
- Identify continuous improvement projects and oversee multiple CI projects at a time, including managing project timelines
- Establish rapport and build relationships with hourly and salary team members in order to complete project goals in a timely manner
- Make efforts to expedite operator effectiveness
- Support operations by assisting with evaluating cycle times, mechanical troubleshooting, etc.
- Spend up to 50% of your time on the manufacturing floor, initially focused on the LMS implementation; afterwards focused on CI activities
This is a hands-on position that requires qualified candidates to be on the manufacturing floor between 20% and 50% of their day. Candidates should be able to manage their own projects, be flexible with their work requirements, have good written and verbal communication skills and enjoy working within a team. Individuals should have excellent floor communication skills and be able to effectively communicate with front line associates.
Medical, dental and vision benefits are available the day of hire and are FREE for the employee. Holidays, vacation, relocation assistance, 401K and bonus!
REQUIREMENTS for the Process Engineer:
1. Bachelor's degree; preferred majors include engineering management, mechanical engineering, mechanical engineering technologies, industrial technologies or manufacturing technologies
2. At least three years in a similar process engineering position
3. Experience working in manufacturing environments
4. Working knowledge of LMS systems, including creating work instructions and/or standard operating procedures
5. Experience focused on continuous improvement initiatives, including scrap reduction, efficiency improvement, elimination of downtime, etc.
6. Project management skills
7. Microsoft Office, specifically Excel
Skills preferred but NOT required:
1. Implementation of an LMS
2. Capital equipment projects
3. Exposure to Lean and/or Six Sigma methodologies
4. Mechanical aptitude
5. Budget experience
6. Controls experience
Why work for this organization:
- Opportunity for internal growth
- This is a high-profile position
- Diverse work responsibilities
- Profitable location
- FREE medical, dental and vision for the employee
- Diverse business mix
- Flexible hours
- Family oriented
- Strong market share in their industry
Candidates are preferred to be local to the Kansas City, MO area. There is a competitive relocation program available for candidates with all of the required core functions of the job.
engineering management, learning management system, work instructions, project engineer, process engineer, mechanical engineer, mechanical engineering technologies, industrial technologies, manufacturing technologies, CI engineer, Lean engineer, six sigma engineer, manufacturing engineer, optimization engineer, continuous improvement engineer