Mechanical Engineer Mobile, Alabama to work in a chemical processing manufacturing plant for the semiconductor industry. Typical Week is REMOTE on Friday and onsite day shift Monday through Thursday.
The Mechanical Engineer executes capital projects and provides technical support to maintenance team.
· Lead the mechanical design for capital projects from conception to completion. Includes design, scope development, cost estimation, fund approval, material procurement, through project execution and commission for start-up.
· Coordinate with the production team to review project objective and develop mechanical design for proposal.
· Perform engineering calculations and/or analysis necessary for mechanical design.
· Ensure project mechanical design is compliant with process specifications, fabrication and construction codes and standards.
· Coordinate with other engineering disciplines to ensure instrumentation, electrical, civil, and structural project needs are met.
· Provide engineering package including drawings, specifications, and work scope for project construction.
· Manage multiple contractors through project construction.
· Manage project budget and schedule through project execution.
· Maintain project documentation ensuring all documents are filed at end of project.
· Ensures adequate project-related spare parts are in place.
· Assist plant engineering projects team as needed.
· Provide technical support to plant mechanical maintenance group.
· In depth knowledge of and experience in project management of mechanical systems.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills to effectively interface with production team.
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
· Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (specifically Project), AutoCAD, Pipe Flo
· Able to understand and work with piping and instrument diagrams (P&ID’s)
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering
- 3 or more years of experience in major equipment preventative maintenance, equipment repairs and replacements