Truck Shop Supervisor - NY/NJ
We are currently looking for a Truck Shop Supervisor (working) at our Diesel Truck Service Shop. This Role is a 2nd shift role and you will have a team of 3 people. You will be a working Supervisor with 2 direct reports Truck Mechanics. You will help coordinate the performance of all employees involved in servicing and repairing company and customer equipment. The Truck Shop Supervisor will help organize the workload and prioritize repairs in the shortest possible time for the company and customers. Assisting with employee training and assisting with annual performance reviews, the shop foreman is expected to assist with the duties of all service departments as directed by the service/maintenance manager. We are a fast growing store aiming to be the premier truck repair in the NY/NJ area.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Must be able to instruct, assist and train service technicians in the best practices of equipment repair and Safety.
- Strong Computer diagnostic skills (JPRO, Insight, Service Ranger, Davy4 for PACCAR applications desired ,Wabco and Bendix Service Diagnostic Programs)
- Inspect complete repairs to ensure thoroughness and quality of work performed.
- Work in collaboration with others to provide quality, seamless customer service.
- Responsible for assisting with and completing the work order using the three C's complain, cause and rectify on all work orders.
- Assist in identifying and reporting warranty claims for company equipment and maintaining service shop tool inventory.
- Work with Service writer to organize and schedule PM repairs and maintain accuracy.
Requirements and Skills:
- Strong knowledge of hydraulics and repairs is a must with knowledge of methods, tools and techniques used in repairing class 7 and class 8 vehicles.
- 4+ years of heavy duty truck maintenance and repair experience is required.
- ASE certification a plus.
- Welding skills a plus.
- Must have A/C certification for R134a.
- Air Brake certified a must.
- Valid Class B or A CDL a plus but not mandatory.
- Demonstrates openness to new procedures, technology and structure.
- Strong focus on customer service.
You will be rewarded with an industry-competitive compensation plan and Excellent Company Benefits.
Do to the expected amount of responses only qualified applicants will be contacted.
No Relocation Assistance available. Client will only look at candidates in the region.
My Client is An Equal Opportunity Employer