My medical device client is expanding and seeks an Upstream Product Manager to take on the following tasks:
- Partner with leadership to define, launch, and build profitable new innovative solutions that transform the product.
- Lead and perform comprehensive market research for patients and clinicians.
- Generate compelling market insights based on research, data, and other acquired inputs.
- Help develop short and long-term strategies based on derived insights, business objectives, and other identified patient, clinical, and technology trends.
- Work closely with new product development, regulatory, clinical, marketing, and external partners to develop and commercialize solutions.
- Perform competitive analysis and maintain insights into current and future competition.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualities:
- BS degree in business or engineering related discipline; MBA preferred.
- 3+ years of experience in medical device new product planning.
- Excellent analytical, strategic thinking, and problem-solving skills required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, and exceptional interpersonal and leadership skills are required.
- Independent thinking and a high level of initiative and the ability to interact well with patients, physicians, customers, and key opinion leaders are essential.
- Approximately 30% travel.