Sr. Financial Analyst
You will be responsible for partnering with cross-functional team members to co-lead planning, forecasting and analytical efforts to deliver Alliant’s financial commitments, balanced with a sense of integrity and fiscal responsibilities. For assigned business functional areas, will direct and lead the annual planning, rolling forecasts, and 3-5 year business planning including formulation of Income Statement, Balance Sheet, cost center-level expense planning, headcount analyses, and presentations to senior management team. This role will have a concentration of work related to development of financial analysis capabilities. Work involves moderate difficulty in interpreting and converting analyses into practical business decisions and support. Resources to do the job require proven analytical ability, advanced systems skills, the ability to collaborate with peers, and lead teams. General supervision is received from the Manager of FP&A.
Do you see yourself doing this?
- Develop annual budgets, quarterly forecasts, and 3-year strategic plans in conjunction with managers in company’s analytics and enter the numbers into company’s planning system
- Work with team to manage and support all phases of the expense financial planning process including project planning
- Determine financial status by comparing and analyzing plans and forecasts with actual results
- Collaborate with Accounting Team to ensure accuracy of the financial statements and provide analytical support in regards to results and trends
- Create monthly expense reports/ P&Ls and provide variance analysis for management review
- Continuously improve and construct new capabilities around performance metric analysis and reporting to track key financial objectives and targets
- Responsible for headcount reporting, and compensation analysis
- Monitor the financial status of projects by analyzing results and variances; identifying trends; recommending actions
- Provide information to management by assembling and summarizing data; preparing reports; making presentations of findings, analyses, and recommendations
- Lead the analysis of financial performance for business initiatives, special projects, new products, channels, etc.
- Partner with cross-functional peers to provide recommendations and action steps
- Take a proactive role in automating and simplifying processes and reporting structures through standardization
- Participate in process improvement, project analysis and due diligence
- Build financial models and perform valuation analyses
- Work on ad-hoc projects/analyses including systems user-acceptance testing on core financial systems
- Research and analyze industries, companies, historical financial statements and projecting financial information
What makes you a great fit?
You’ll be a great fit if in addition to the completion of a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field (MBA preferred), and you have
- Minimum five to seven years’ experience in finance and accounting arenas, preferably in financial planning and analysis roles
- Financial services experience preferred
- Tableau experience preferred
- Extensive financial analysis skills required, including variance analysis, forecasting, budgeting and financial modeling
- Must have the ability to multi-task and deal with heavy volume period with tight time parameters
- Must possess strong analytical, verbal and written communication skills, and above average judgmental capabilities
- Must be proficient with reporting and planning systems and have advanced skills in the Microsoft Office suite of products
- Ability to work effectively with associates at all levels within the organization
- Knowledge of investment analysis (ROI, NPV, EVA) is an asset
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Financial Systems
When you’re happy, we’re happy!
As a thank you for joining our team, you’ll benefit from:
- Competitive medical, dental, and free vision benefits
- Competitive compensation plan
- Contributions towards gym memberships
- Generous PTO and banking holidays off