The Medsurg Nurses is a licensed staff nurse, an experienced clinician.
- provides professional nursing care to a diverse patient population, conducts nursing assessments, assists with exams and treatment, patient education, and maintenance of medical records.
- provides direct patient care effectively and efficiently which may include patients with varied and complex needs.
- communicates and collaborates with the physicians and interprofessional health care team to facilitate, coordinate and maintain compassionate, efficient, quality care and achievement of desired treatment outcomes.
- demonstrates clinical competence when providing care, using technology, administering medications, performing procedures and managing emergencies, acting as a patient and family advocate in order to monitor and maintain patient rights.
- Can assume leadership roles with progressive responsibility including but not limited to participating in or leading unit and shared governance initiatives, serving as charge nurse or preceptor to students or new employees, and possibly contributing to service line or hospital-wide initiatives in partnership with management.
Minimum Qualifications for all RN Staff roles:
Atleast 1-2 years Hospital-based nursing experience is required.
No New Grads
Bachelor's degree in Nursing, or obtained within three years from the initial date of hire.
Current TX state RN license prior to start date.
Current Health Care Provider level CPR and ACLS, PALS
Specialty certification preferred for specialty positions
Why is This a Great Opportunity:
Our client is a leading academic medical center in the Texas with six community hospitals serving the Greater Houston area. Each hospital is staffed by committed personnel who exemplify our I CARE values: integrity, compassion, accountability, respect and excellence. Patient safety, quality and service are our highest priorities.
More than 300 locations in TX (including outpatient centers)
Great culture, Nurses are valued, supportive management, room to grow, continuing education reimbursement, 401k, medical and dental benefits, generous PTO and more
Benefits : 403B with generous contribution and Defined Contribution Plan.
Will process TN visa's for Canadian and Mexican Nurses interested in moving to the USA.
Salary Type : Annual Salary
Salary Min : 80000
Salary Max : 116000
Currency Type : US Dollars