Senior Category Buyer - Meats
- Family-owned food manufacturing organization recently purchased a new operation in Kansas City and is hiring for a Purchasing Manager to oversee the purchasing, inventory and logistics departments
- Organization has a proven track record of 35 years success because they produce a high-quality product sold to high-end retailers and restaurants throughout the US
- This role will enjoy upward mobility, a chance to grow as the organization develops and expands.
- Medical, dental, vision and 401K
- Entrepreneurial environment with the opportunity to create and develop new processes
- Flexible schedules to work with families or adjust schedules as needed
- Unlimited sick time
- Salary is 90K – 125K + bonus (based on education and years of related experience)
- Work to obtain inventory and turn goals on assigned buying desk.
- Set performance targets for buying team in relation to anticipated and actual sales and see that these are maintained.
- Assist in establishing projected sales and profit quotas.
- Participate in the formulation of broad policies and long-range goals, objectives, plans, programs, and projects of the Distribution Center.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with brokers, vendors, store operations, distribution center and division office personnel.
- Reviews all product costs and marketing plan to ensure items purchased are at the lowest cost consistent with considerations of quality, reliability of source, and urgency of need to meet marketing plan.
- Conducts logistics planning processes while ordering products to attain the best net product price possible.
- Reviews and analyzes daily and weekly reports to check service levels and inventory turns, makes buying decisions as appropriate.
- Coordinates with Operations to maintain the proper product flow through the facility, in a timely manner.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent purchasing experience.
- 5-10+ years buying experience in meat distribution environment required
- Working knowledge of procurement, logistics and inventory management practices.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, experience in taking initiative and making appropriate decisions.
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Written and verbal communication skills as well as interpersonal skills to develop and maintain effective business relationships
- Proficiency in PC systems required, including ability to utilize spreadsheets, macros and supply chain systems.
- Ability to concentrate and deal with frequent interruptions
- Travel requirements: <10%.