Job summary of the Embedded Software Architect
Our client, a global leader in vehicle safety and active driving technologies, is looking for an Embedded Software Architect to be a technical lead in the develompent of systems that save lives. In this position, you'd be responsible for embedded software architecture, design and development for advanced safety ECU software projects. You'd both work at the architectural levels, plus act as the Subject Matter Expert to the development team, guiding, reviewing, and advising less-experienced team members through the full development life-cycle.
This company has challenging, long-term projects with a growing team of leaders in the vehicle safety field. They would prefer an automotive background, but are open to those from similar industries, like aerospace, heavy equipment, and industrial machinery.
Responsibilities of the Embedded Software Architect
- Develop software architecture for microcontroller based ECU products
- Champion the quality, design, development and release of assigned software project elements in accordance of a process
- Evaluate change requests, analyze issues, perform basic functions of software design, code and test on assigned new features, change requests and defect fixes
- Open mind to adopt to changing software release schedules and ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Provide regular updates of assigned task progression to software lead for project planning, tracking and oversight
- Identify or propose product process or infrastructure improvements
- Contribute current status, relevant data and constructive opinion at team/section meetings; Exemplify consensus building and team-focused behavior
- Interface with product development teams located in various geographical locations
- Excellent people skills, ability to work well within an interdisciplinary team
- Tools: DOORS Requirements Management, Enterprise Architect, Infineon Aurix Microcontroller tools (Compiler, Emulator, Simulator), LDRA, Tasking Compiler, iSYSTEM WinIdea, CodeBeamer, Autosar Builder, Davinci Configurator
Qualifications of the Embedded Software Architect
- BS in Computer or Electrical Engineering (Master’s Degree preferred)
- 10+ years’ work experience in Embedded or real-time software development through the full development life-cycle.
- Automotive experience is preferred, but engineers from the aerospace, heavy equipment, and industrial machine industries can also be considered.
- C and assembly programming for 16/32/64 bit micro-controllers
- Experience with device driver development (Flash, EEPROM, CAN, SPI, ADC, Ethernet etc.)
- Experience working with Embedded Realtime Operating Systems (RTA-OS, RT Linux, OSEK, etc.) and Bootloader
- Solid knowledge of Enterprise Architect is a must
- Working knowledge of ASPICE/CMMI, or similar, processes.
- Electronic test equipment (oscilloscope, function generator, power supply, etc.)
- Embedded software tools, debuggers, cross compilers, etc.
- Good oral and written communication skills
Compensation of the Embedded Software Architect
Salary Range: $110,000-127,000/year base, plus bonus and benefits
Location: Southfield, MI
Relocation Assistance: Yes
Visa Sponsorship: H1B transfers only, or TN