Lead Embedded Software Engineer
Job summary of the Lead Embedded Software Engineer
Our client, a global leader in vehicle safety and ADAS technology, is looking for a Lead Embedded Software Engineer to be a key team member for next-generation developments. In this position, you will be an "in-the-trenches" leader of a development team working on global projects.
This is a direct-hire position that offers stability, technical challenge, and an opportunity to grow your skills for many years into the future.
Responsibilities of the Lead Embedded Software Engineer
- · Leading software team of local and offshore resources .
- Provided support to development team in requirement specification, software architecture, detailed design, implementation, static analysis, unit test, integration and integration test of software components.
- Support software verification and validation activities.
- Responsible for analyzing and troubleshooting delivery issues.
- Planning, effort estimation, tracking, risk analysis and risk mitigation plans.
- Responsible for overseeing the daily activities of the software development team and providing direction and guidance as required.
- Responsible for workload assignments and resource allocations according to delivery requirements.
- Responsible for configuration management of the project which also includes project builds, release scripts and all related documentation.
- Problem report and change request tracking / handling.
- Mentoring and providing the technical support to team members.
- Interface with internal and external customer from multiple global locations.
- Report status to internal and external customers.
Qualifications of the Lead Embedded Software Engineer
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Computer Science
- 10+ years of Software Development for Real-Time Embedded Systems
- 3+ years in leading an embedded software team, in the automotive, heavy vehicle, or special equipment industries
- 3+ years in resource planning
- Proficient knowledge of C Programming
- Possess solid teamwork/social interaction skills
- Proficient of software process models (such as ASPICE/CMMi)
- Global interaction with remote team members, including BCC sites and external suppliers
- ALM tools & methodologies (Code Beamer, PTC Integrity Manager, JIRA, etc.)
- 8D, 5-Why, or similar problem-solving processes
- AUTOSAR, Configuration Management Tools (PTC Integrity, Bitbucket/Git, etc.)
- Functional Safety (ISO 26262), CAN, Flexray, Ethernet Communications
- Microprocessor peripherals (SPI, A/D, digital I/O, etc.), Microprocessor architectures
- Scripting languages (Perl, Python, Java, etc.)
- Software Validation / Unit Testing
- Model-Based Code Generation is a plus
- Supplier Management, Customer Diagnostics (UDS or other)
- Familiarity with Real-time operating Systems, Bootloader, CyberSecurity
Compensation of the Lead Embedded Software Engineer
Salary Range: $115,000-130,000/year
Location: Southfield, MI
Relocation Assistance: Yes
Visa Sponsorship: TN and H1B transfers only