Our client, a Fortune 1000 global manufacturing company, has a big operation in Fort Scott Kansas that is in need of an Engineering Manager who will
- provide technical expertise to support the design, implementation and continuous improvement of manufacturing processes
- give technical direction, analysis, and project management support for the implementation of advanced manufacturing technologies and quality initiatives
- focus on developing and / or modifying the plant production processes, designing tooling and gauging and advancing our manufacturing through new technology and equipment.
- assist with implementation for company’s business growth initiatives and technology upgrades to existing equipment and delivery of total cost-competitive processes
- develop and implement new engineering standards, new technology and new uses of existing technology.
- provides technical support for manufacturing Continuous Improvement projects to increase throughput, improve quality/process capability, reduce costs, enhance safety, etc.
- participate in process improvement projects to minimize manufacturing costs and increase efficiency, ergonomics, or capacity.
- do more fun and impactful things!
- Broad Familiarity with manufacturing processes including Stamping, Forming, Heat Treat, Welding, Fabrication, Machining, and Assembly.
- Familiarity with Lean Manufacturing or Six Sigma principles or other Continuous Improvement programs.
- Knowledge of Quality Management Systems such as ISO-9001.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Industrial, Manufacturing or Agricultural Engineering.