This role is appropriate for someone who wants to take on a pivotal role in shaping the future of a rapidly growing organization. The Client is a well-known Insurance Brokerage firm that’s listed as one of the fastest growing organizations in the US with a growth rate of over 150% in the last few years. With a plan to more than double their top line, this brokerage firm is acquisitive in purchasing and integrating insurance agencies onto their platform. In line with supporting the future state of this organization, the client Group is seeking talented individuals to join their team to help support the expansion and build out of a Shared Services Center that will support their expansion plans.
As the Client continues to acquire insurance agencies and integrate them onto their platform, they recognize the need for dedicated professionals to guide them in this transformational journey. If you're someone with a passion for finance, a strong background in process design and workflow optimization, and a vision for creating a world-class Shared Services Center, then you may want to consider this opportunity. The focus of this role is around areas such as the General Ledger and Client/Agency Billing.
Scope: As a key member of the team, you will:
- Lead Process Design and Workflow Optimization: Utilize your expertise in process design to create efficient and effective workflows that streamline all functions related to billing of agencies, direct billing of customers, and general ledger management.
- Establish and Manage Shared Services Center: Bring your experience in standing up or managing shared services centers to the table. You will oversee a team of professionals, ensuring they receive proper training and guidance to excel in their roles.
- Enhance Standard Operating Procedures: Implement and refine Standard Operating Procedures to maintain consistency and quality across all shared services functions.
- Leverage Technology: Explore and implement automated tools and technologies to enhance operational efficiency and consultatively drive improvements.
- Collaborate and Build Relationships: Collaborate with colleagues and stakeholders, both at headquarters and across the agency platforms to foster relationships that are critical to the success of the Shared Services Center.
Asks: To thrive in this role, you should have:
- Insurance/Financial Services and Finance Background: Candidates with insurance experience will have a short learning runway, but the Client will also welcome individuals from consulting/financial services backgrounds or those with relevant skills around process design and shared services environments.
- Finance Credentials: A CPA designation is desirable, while an MBA or an accounting degree would be considered a strong asset.
- Experience in Shared Services: Experience in setting up or managing a shared services centers is desired.
- Analytical Acumen: Demonstrated ability to assess teams, drive process changes, and lead with a data-driven, analytical mindset.
- Global Process Ownership: The ability to think globally and design processes to support the growth of the business which is tracking towards over a 100% increase in revenue.
- Change Leadership: A knack for influencing others, driving change, and taking ownership of the transformation process.
Compensation and Location.
The compensation is generally open with a salary range between $150,000 and $175,000, potentially going to $200,000 depending on qualifications and experience. While the Client is in VA, candidates on the East Coast will be considered. Anticipate time spent in HQ to develop relationships as you settle into a location cadence later on.