This position is responsible and accountable for establishing a working relationship with managers, supervisors and hourly production associates in the processing plant to foster an environment of cooperative progress. Other specific responsibilities include:
• Effectively handle the resolution of conflict in the workplace, coach and counsel supervisors on methods to improve absenteeism, turnover, and plant efficiencies.
• Ensure newly hired associates receive an effective, timely, informative new hire orientation utilizing the company approved format and materials. Schedule, conduct, facilitate, audit and identify new methods to improve new hire orientation.
• Provide coaching and counseling to supervisory personnel to improve the supervisors’ ability to effectively direct their workforce.
• Assist hourly and salaried personnel with assistance in conflict resolution. Ensure consistent policy application in the resolution of issues addressed. Provide training to supervisory personnel on policies and procedures.
• Manage the Peer Review / Management Review process.
• Identify, design, train, implements, and audits new methods to reduce turnover.
Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, Labor Relations or related field plus 3 - 5 years of experience is required. Additionally, individual should have:
• Proven success in writing, updating and auditing Affirmative Action Plans
• Thorough knowledge of I-9 requirements
• Experience in ADA, EEOC, DOL, OFCCP regulations and current law.
• Previous experience in working in a manufacturing environment (food industry preferred); proven experience in problem-solving automated timekeeping systems. Experience with a company timekeeping system, i.e., Kronos.
• Previous experience with orientation of new associates.
• Knowledge of a commitment to team performance, effective coaching and demonstrated skills of a strong team player.