Highly respected poultry processor is looking for a Food Safety/Quality Assurance Supervisor for a harvest and further processing plant in Mount Vernon,WA. This role:
· Leads the continual development and implementation of the SSOP and HACCP plans to meet USDA regulations as well as company and customer expectations regarding food safety.
· Monitors and verifies production SSOP and HACCP records.
· Monitors plant GMP's (Good Manufacturing Practices) and other prerequisite programs daily.
· Proactively identifies problems before they develop utilizing SPC (Statistical Process Control) tools or other tracking/trending analysis skills as necessary.
· Audits all SSOP and HACCP records providing timely feedback to management.
· Maintains a positive relationship with the USDA and keep up with the regulations concerning SSOP and HACCP programs.
· Is responsible for training and documentation of training of all levels of plant associates concerning SSOP and HACCP programs.
· Conducts validations of scientific data that support facility food safety decisions as needed yearly.
Position requires ands on involvement in all food safety problems that arise during the shift and developing appropriate solutions and corrective actions/preventative measures for those problems.
Requirements: Bachelor degree is required. Preferred major fields of study include Food Science, Animal Science, Poultry Science, Operations Management, Biology or Chemistry. Additionally, successful candidate will have:
· 1 -3 years of related experience.
· HACCP certification
· Knowledge of USDA regulations including GMP, SSOP, HACCP and labeling.
· Experience with food safety plant style audits.