Company & Background
The company is a life/annuity carrier with a $50BB investments portfolio. A new CFO joined the carrier last year and he hired his CAO. The CAO is looking to build out the accounting policy team with his first hire being the Head of Accounting Policy who will in turn hire a Director of Accounting Policy.
The focus of this role is on the investments side. Good time to come in to lead/build out a function, be part of a visible process and help support the future plans of this carrier. Strong next step for someone looking for a "Head of" title. An ability to look at potential accounting policy decisions from multiple angles and then make recommendations is key. Some highlights below:
- Lead the Accounting Policy function and set the strategy
- Act as a subject matter expert on investments-related technical accounting matters.
- Develop and maintain accounting policies and procedures, ensuring compliance with GAAP & SAP.
- Spearhead the implementation of new accounting standards.
- Provide guidance on accounting implications of new products or transactions.
- Independently research and analyze transactions, authoring technical accounting memorandums.
- CPA 10-12+ years of investments or insurance industry experience.
- Big 4 public accounting firm experience preferred.