Poultry processing plant in Rockingham, NC is seeking an Ammonia Refrigeration Superintendent. This role provides leadership and manages the work environment by means of Quality Improvement Process and employs the team management concept within the Maintenance department.
Requirements: Strong preference for a BS Degree in either an engineering discipline or business plus 5 years industrial refrigeration experience. Additional years of experience will be considered in lieu of a degree. In addition:
- Must have previous experience with ammonia refrigeration systems
- Previous experience managing people
- Knowledge of freon refrigeration and steam boilers.
- Previous experience interacting with USDA
- Safety, OSHA, Lockout/Tagout experience
- RETA Certification strongly preferred
- Poultry plant experience is preferred
Responsibilities: Ensure all job duties are performed within Corporate and OSHA safety procedures including Lockout/Tag and the wearing of all personal protective equipment as required. Additionally:
- Read and correctly interpret manufacturer’s equipment manuals, PM sheets and safety policies and complete all required work sheets and machine check lists.
- Ensure all machines are properly adjusted to operate at established performance standards.
- Ensure all calibrations, repairs, diagnostics, adjustments and PM work are accomplished in a timely manner to minimize down time.
- Use sound management practices in the training and supervision of associates.
- Ensure the correct utilization of hand tools and industrial shop equipment.